Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Farewell to Aux

To: SPAs
From: Mike Bobbick

SPAs,


4 years ago last month, I started my term at Police Auxiliary as SPA #2159. Now, I’m emailing you to let you know that I am leaving for…. Uhh… greener pastures... of ice…

Many of you know about SPAS Grant, the former #2004. After learning the ropes of being an SPA, I decided that my sole mission in life was to make Grant miserable. I was so successful in this task that he fled the continent to Antarctica under the guise of “fighting fires”. He thought that he would be safely out of my reach, and I assumed he would meet his end when he ran across a marauding colony of penguins. Sadly, as I have recently found out, penguins do not maraud.

Such as the case, I accepted a job as a large vehicle operator with Raytheon at McMurdo Station in hopes that I could finish my work and force Grant to flee the planet. Grant, in response, decided that he would never set foot at McMurdo Station ever again. Still, I shall perform my job dutifully and ensure that he never returns. That’s right, I haven’t even started my new job and I’m already a great success.

I did not write this email to brag about my Grant repelling skills (although I think the Lt. gave me an award for them a few years ago). Instead, I want to thank you all for 4 years of awesome memories and good times. Um… truth be told, the point of this email was a joke about marauding penguins. I dunno…

Anyways, best wishes to all of you. I’m sure I’ll be starting a blog or something to amuse the people who wish to follow my antics. I dunno, check my facebook page. Did I say best wishes? Awesome! Good knowing all of you! Thanks for making the past four years memorable.

Michael Bobbick
SPA Supervisor #2005
University of Maryland
Department of Public Safety
Police Auxiliary Unit

No comments:

Post a Comment